If you're about to install a new water heater, you're probably wondering whether a tank water heater is the best option or if you should consider a tankless water heater instead. As a general rule of thumb, our advice is: If you usually use 2 or more hot water appliances at a time, a tank water heater is probably the best option for your home.
However, both tank and tankless water heaters have benefits, and we've outlined a few below to help you get a better idea of which one is best for your PA home.
Tankless water heater benefits:
- Provide a never-ending supply of hot water
- More efficient than tank water heaters
- Last longer thank tank water heaters (15-20 years compared to 10-15 years)
Tank water heater benefits:
- Less expensive to install than tankless water heaters
- Provide more hot water at one time
Need more information? Check out our blog, "Tank vs. Tankless Water Heater: Which is Best for My Pittsburgh Home?"