Your AC repair in 3 simple steps
1) Schedule an appointment
2) See pricing upfront
Your AC tech will ask you a few questions to quickly find the root problem. Once found, you'll get repair options and the pricing for each before any work begins. No surprises. No sticker shock. No pressure.
3) Get your AC fixed today
Ready to sign off? Great. Your tech will have all the parts they need in their truck to fix your air conditioner ASAP. Did we mention that we always clean up before we leave?
Average time to fix an AC: 45 minutes to 2 hours
Cost to repair an AC unit in Pittsburgh
- Low: $199
- Average: $450
- High: $1,500+
Common AC repairs in Pittsburgh
- Contractor replacement: $199-$399
- Capacitor: $199-$599
- Blower motor replacement: $499-$1,599
- Compressor replacement: $800-$2,500
Want an accurate price?
Solid Steel Guarantee
After your AC repair, we'll call you to make sure you're happy with the work. If you aren't, let us know. We'll use all our might to make it right.
Want to fix it yourself? Try these tips:
- Ensure your thermostat is in the "cool" position.
- Check the AC's circuit breaker and see if it has switched to "OFF". If so, switch that sucker back to "ON".
- Make sure the the outdoor "disconnect switch" on your outdoor unit is in the "ON" position. (In most Pittsburgh area homes, the disconnect switch is usually a small metal grey box mounted on a wall near the Air conditioner's outdoor unit.)
- Change your filter if it's dirty. A filthy filter blocks airflow to the AC unit, which can eventually cause the Air conditioner to shut down.
- Unblock and open any supply vents, the metal grates where the conditioned air comes out.
"Jake Fischetti was quick and efficient! Well mannered and fixed the problem in no time! So relieved to finally have our air conditioning back."
"We found ourselves without air conditioning late on a Saturday evening, on a holiday weekend and gave CALFO a call. In sooner than anticipated time, they responded and came out to service our unit. Professional, timely, and cost reasonable- we were impressed! Not to mention, we had a wonderful tech named Jason and he was very knowledgeable and helpful on all fronts!"
"Excellent service! Called today, Damien came and gave me a quote that was similar to other quotes I had received. But the difference was they were able to install tomorrow!! One HVAC couldn’t even give me an appointment for the estimate until next Thursday! Thank you! I will be cool this weekend!"
"We had our A/C installed by Jake and Logan. Both did a fantastic job and showed us how to operate both the furnace and A/C. Process from purchasing to install was pretty painless... So far that's two houses they hooked us up with and two times we've been pleased. We've yet to have a need to call them back out for maintenance or resolve an issue but if that's anything like the initial install they're in and out efficiently. Cheers!"