"Jake Fischetti was quick and efficient! Well mannered and fixed the problem in no time! So relieved to finally have our air conditioning back."Lexy R.Homeowner in Pittsburgh, PA
"We found ourselves without air conditioning late on a Saturday evening, on a holiday weekend and gave CALFO a call. In sooner than anticipated time, they responded and came out to service our unit. Professional, timely, and cost reasonable- we were impressed! Not to mention, we had a wonderful tech named Jason and he was very knowledgeable and helpful on all fronts!"Shana G.Homeowner in Pittsburgh, PA
Air Conditioner Installation Pros in Pittsburgh Without the Bad Habits
Need a new Central AC system? We're the team to call. Unlike other scammy techs who may try to rip you off or upsell you on add-ons or services you don't need, our installation pros will always be honest with you. At Calfo, we're in the business of treating each customer like a human being, not a sale, so when you work with us, you can count on fair quotes and quality installation work. Plus, all of our techs are trained for over 10,000 hours so you'll never have to question the quality of our work.
Your AC installation in 3 simple steps:
1) Schedule an appointment
You can schedule an appointment online or call us at (412) 651-3941. We know ACs tend to break down in the most inconvenient of times, which is why our team is available 24/7.
2) Get an in-home consultation
Once you've scheduled an appointment, we'll send a comfort advisor to your home so that we can help you determine which AC system is best for your home, cooling needs and budget. Before we begin any work, we'll provide you upfront pricing, so there are no surprise costs later on.
3) Get your AC installed
Once you're comfortable with the plan we've laid out and the price, our AC install crew will get to work. Typically, our team can get your AC system installed that same day or the next day at the latest. Did we mention that your new AC comes with a free touchscreen thermostat?
Average time to install a central AC in Pittsburgh: 1 day
Cost to install an AC unit in Pittsburgh
- Low: $4,500
- Average: $7,000
- High: $9,000
Want an accurate price?
- Unit size (tons): The bigger the AC, the more expensive it is. The size of AC you'll need for your home depends on a variety of factors that a skilled tech will need to assess before installing your new system.
- Energy efficiency (SEER rating): Want lower energy bills? Get an AC with a higher SEER rating. The higher the efficiency of your AC (higher the SEER rating), the most expensive your AC system will be upfront, but the more long-term savings you could see on your energy bills.
- Extra comfort features: Home too humid? Want more even cooling throughout your home? Ask us about the variable-speed fan and two-stage compressor. However, keep in mind that any upgrades you make will increase the initial cost of your AC system.
- Ductwork repair: Many older Pittsburgh area homes have damaged ductwork that will need to be fixed before installing a new unit. If your ductwork needs to be fixed or replaced, it will increase the cost of your AC installation.
- All major credit cards, including: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- Personal checks and cash
Solid Steel Guarantee
After your AC installation, we'll call you to make sure you're happy with our work. If you aren't, let us know. We'll use all our might to make it right.
It's time to replace your AC if it...
- Is 15+ years old. According to ENERGY STAR, 15 years is the average lifespan of a central AC. So, if your system is nearing this age, it's probably time to get an estimate on a new system. Note: You don't want to wait for your system to break down before replacing it, so it's better to be proactive than to wait until you absolutely need a new AC.
- Can't keep you comfy on hotter days. If you notice that your AC is struggling to keep your home cool, this is usually a sign that it needs to be replaced.
- Needs the compressor replaced. Replacing a compressor is friggin' expensive—especially if it's not covered by your warranty. In that case, you're better off shopping for a new AC.
- Is running up your energy bills. If your energy bills have suddenly increased, this is typically an indicator that your AC is no longer running efficiently and will need to be replaced. Our recommendation is to replace it sooner rather than later, so you don't continue to pay higher energy costs due to a dying system.
18 Months No Interest on a New AC Unit
Cannot be combined with other offers. On approved credit.
"Excellent service! Called today, Damien came and gave me a quote that was similar to other quotes I had received. But the difference was they were able to install tomorrow!! One HVAC couldn’t even give me an appointment for the estimate until next Thursday! Thank you! I will be cool this weekend!"Francie L.Homeowner in Pittsburgh, PA
"We had our A/C installed by Jake and Logan. Both did a fantastic job and showed us how to operate both the furnace and A/C. Process from purchasing to install was pretty painless... So far that's two houses they hooked us up with and two times we've been pleased. We've yet to have a need to call them back out for maintenance or resolve an issue but if that's anything like the initial install they're in and out efficiently. Cheers!"Mark H.Homeowner in Pittsburgh, PA