The size of your home and the size of your heating system are inextricably linked. Efficient, reliable home comfort won’t happen with a furnace that is too small, or too large—here is what you need to know about the importance of furnace sizing for your Pittsburgh-area home.
Is Your Furnace Too Small?
An undersized furnace will use extra energy, and still might not be doing the trick. Look for these signs:
- Your furnace is constantly on
- Rising heating costs
- Your furnace frequently requires repairs
Is Your Furnace Too Big?
It may sound like an oversized furnace will provide more than enough heat for your home, but there are some drawbacks that can’t be ignored. Keep an eye out for:
- Short cycling (a furnace that turns on and then off again quickly)
- Uneven room to room temperatures
- Increased energy costs (due to short cycling)
Getting Your Furnace Sizing Just Right
Securing a comfortable and efficient home through ideal furnace sizing can be done using an exact heating load calculation of your home, which includes the square footage, the climate zone here in PA, how many windows you have, and how insulated your home is. With a correctly sized furnace, you can expect:
- Reduce heating costs
- Longer lasting heating equipment
- Stable indoor comfort throughout your entire home
- A reduced carbon footprint
Trust Your Home Heating to Calfo
If your home is struggling to keep up with the dropping temperatures, or if your heating costs have become too much to handle, call the home heating experts at Calfo. We will ensure your home is warm right away, and for years to come.